06 Jun Celebrate Audiobook Appreciation Month With Us!
Did you know that June is Audiobook Appreciation Month? Want to celebrate but have no idea where to start?
We asked the AdTonos team to recommend their favourite audiobooks, and they didn’t fail to deliver!
AdTonos’ Top Picks – Fiction and Non-Fiction
Top fiction recommendations included the ‘Lord of The Rings’ trilogy read by Andy Serkis (who voiced Gollum/ Sméagol), and both ‘The Husserite Trilogy’ and ‘The Witcher’ by Andrzej Sapkowski. We hear the Polish version of ‘The Husserite’ is very lively, with a great cast of voice actors and sound effects!
“People like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves.” – ‘The Witcher’ by Andrzej Sapkowski
The Witcher was popular with our team because of the magical universe that Sapkowski created, and the interesting discussions that can be had about discrimination that its world raises in the way that humans treat elves and outcast Witchers. Other non-fiction recommendations included ‘Natives’ by Akala – read by the man himself- and ‘Why Men Don’t Listen and Women Can’t Read Maps’ by Allan and Barbara Pease, so there’s plenty of audiobooks to enjoy in June!
Popular Non-Fiction Audiobooks
Here are some of last month’s top non-fiction audiobooks according to Audible:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear, narrated by the author (Penguin Audio)
- Finding Me by Viola Davis, narrated by the author (HarperAudio)
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown, narrated by the author (Random House Audio)
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey, narrated by the author (Random House Audio)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, narrated by Roger Wayne (HarperAudio)
Is fiction more your thing? Check out May’s top fiction audiobooks.